Baltimore MD Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Experts
Fire and smoke damage restoration is no simple process and requires and entire team of professionals to carry out the task. Eco Pro Restoration can handle all of your restoration problems. The professionals at Eco Pro are well trained and can relieve the stress of dealing with your contents and belongings, not to mention the stress of dealing with the insurance company. Eco Pro has trained professionals that will move the belongings into storage.
When fire breaks out, even a small one, the effects can be devastating as the smoke damage is often more destructive than the fire itself. Aside from the physical loss that a homeowner must deal he must also face the emotional and psychological effects of seeing his investments turn into ashes.
Dealing with fire and smoke damage restoration up is often the homeowner’s problem. The belongings are not handled by the insurance company. After the cause of the fire is known, cleanup and restoration of undamaged or partially damaged items is to be made. The homeowner must be present during the fire and smoke damage restoration up to be able to salvage possible items.
Things to consider during fire and smoke damage restoration process:
- Control people from entering the burned site; ask fire personnel to cordon the site for you. No one except family members and hired contractors must enter and exit the site.
- Ask a licensed electrician to accompany you to the site to assess electrical damage as well.
- Wear adequate protective clothing to safely go through fire and smoke damage recovery. Wear industrial safety gloves to protect your hands from charred wood and glass particles.
- Have a durable garbage bag with you as you rummage for usable items in the heap. If there are potentially hazardous materials like paint and paint products, it is better to throw them in an appropriate bin.
- Have water always ready with you in case fire should ever start. There is still a high possibility of a blaze starting if you have a dry and hot weather.
- Check the home insurance and get all the paper work together.
- Get photographs of your home as soon as possible.