You have the right to call any water damage restoration company you choose, so do not let your insurance company decide what is best for you. When your dealing with water damage, remember this. The insurance company will send their “boys” to save them $$$$ and cut corners! But ultimately, the choice is yours and they must honor it! Don’t let them pay for sub par contractors to work on your home and business. Insist on flood damage restoration professionals, call Eco Pro Restoration of Baltimore MD.
Flooding in Baltimore is not an uncommon occurrence. Water Damage describes a significant number of possible losses caused by water intruding. The water will permit the attack of a material or system by destructive processes. This could be rotting of wood, growth, rusting of steel, de-laminating of materials such as plywood , and many, many others. Call Eco Pro Restoration 24/7…
Water damage can originate by different sources such as: broken dishwasher hose, washing machine overflow, dishwasher leakage, broken pipes, clogged toilet, and leaking roof, moisture damage behind walls, foundation cracks, plumbing leaks, and bad weather (snow, rain, floods, and hurricanes).
The damage may be unnoticeable and slow or minor such as water spots that could eventually discolor a surface, or it may be instantaneous and catastrophic such as flooding. However fast it occurs, flood damage is a major contributor to loss of property if not the main cause of insurance loss.
Immediate water removal can prevent further damages. Many time, water damage will also cause mold problems. Mold removal and prevention services can be performed at the same time as the water is cleaned up. Often basement waterproofing can be done to prevent future problems.
Water Damage Cleanup
Things you should do when you suffer water damage…..
* Ventilate wet areas. Turn on the air conditioning for accelerated drying in the summer; in winter, alternate cycles of opened windows and heating.
* Remove standing water from flat surfaces by sponging and blotting.
* Remove any area rugs from the floor to dry outside or inside.
* Stay out of rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
* Transport computers to a dry environment. Remove cases and blow dry with low pressure air.
* Remove any artwork and paintings from the wall if affected by water damage.
* Punch tiny holes in a sagging ceiling to relieve trapped water. Make sure to place something underneath the holes beforehand to trap any water.
* Remove wet upholstery cushions from the frame and prop them up to dry immediately.
* Freeze valuable books and documents to retard mildew growth until drying can be performed.
* Open drawers and cabinet doors for interior drying, but do not force open stuck drawers or doors.
* Place aluminum foil squares, china saucers or wood blocks under furniture legs to avoid carpet staining.
* Take up saturated rugs and carpets when hardwood floors are at risk.
* Call your insurance carrier.
Things you should not do….
* DON’T operate TV’s, vacuums or other appliances while standing on wet carpet or floors, especially not wet concrete floors. Serious injury may result.
* DON’T use heat to dry closed building interiors; mildew and expanded moisture damage may result.
* DON’T leave wet fabrics in place; space them apart and dry as soon as possible.
* DON’T wait to call a water damage remediation professional.